Palo Santo is a tree that grows in South America and it’s name means wood of the saints. It has been documented to have been used in the time of the Inca Empire. Palo Santo has many different uses and is an excellent alternative to clear you or your space if you aren’t a fan of using sage. Sometimes burning sage can get quite smoky and can have a pungent odor. Palo Santo has a light and woodsy fragrance with minimal smoke and has the same energetic clearing effect that sage does.
A Little Bit About Palo Santo
- Is related to the frankincense and myrrh family
- Balances and aligns chakras
- Clears and cleanses auras, places and objects of negative energy
- Works as a natural insect repellent
- Has a light fragrance with minimal smoke compared to sage
- Eases pain and discomfort
- Considered lucky and brings success to the user
- Calms the mind and emotions before meditation practice making it a useful meditation aid
Palo Santo can be burned, distilled into an oil or brewed as a tea. I do suggest researching any ingredient before drinking it in a tea or applying any essential oil to be sure that you do not experience any negative effects due to sensitivity.
Blessings and Light,