Herbs are unique and vibrate at different frequencies just as crystals do. We already know that adding herbs to our food changes the taste. What if we add herbs not only for their taste but also for their spiritual properties? Hmm adds a whole other dimension to cooking with purpose, doesn’t it? Two different types of incense are made with herbs: incense sticks/cones and then some herbs and resins are blended with a mortar and pestle. The herbs blended with a mortar and pestle would need to be burned on a charcoal disk. One form is not better than the other. It really depends upon personal preference.
Other Uses For Herbs
- Candles - You can sprinkle herbs onto your candle wax. I like to dress my candles with oil and roll them in herbs. I am able to create special custom blends with this method.
- Bath Blends - Don’t forget to test any herb before applying it to your skin. I love creating my own bath blends! I usually start with sea salt, Epsom salt, Himalayan salt, Dead Sea salt, and a few herbs.
- Mojo Bags - Mix a few herbs together, put them in your mojo bag and carry them with you. After 21 days, your auric field will anchor in the intention of your blend.
- Incense Mixture - Mix your own blend of resins and herbs to create your own magical herbal potion. You can burn these herbs and resins on a piece of charcoal.
- Hang Mojo Bags In The 4 Corners of Your Home or Business - After blending my own personal herbal mixture, I hang the blend in the 4 corners of intended the room or dwelling with the ambiance I choose to anchor. Every 6 months or so I would switch out the old herbs with new ones. If you aren able to hang your mojo bags in the 4 corners, please make sure the bags are out of the reach of children and pets. You can add a charm of intention to your mojo bag.
- Perimeter of your Home - If you own your own home, you can create a circle of protection around it by mixing sea salt, black salt, and cedar. After saging your home, sprinkle the herbs around the perimeter as you envision white light cocooning your home and property.
- Cook With Intention - Why not whip up some muffins with herbs and spices that have a calming or energizing effect? Adding lavender to any cake or a baked good has a calming influence on those who ingest the baked good!
**Please research any herbs that you are planning to consume to make sure they are safe for consumption.**
Abundance - Patchouli, clove, peppermint, jasmine, bayberry, cinnamon, date, and spearmint
Love - Rose, hibiscus, patchouli, basil, yarrow, rue, orange, ginger, catnip, and lavender
Psychic Development - Yarrow, wormwood, angelica, frankincense, rosemary, dandelion, and anise
Protection - Copal, cedar, sage, pine, rosemary, benzoin, dill, dragon’s blood, and mugwort
Supplies For Protection Blend
- Copal, sage, and rosemary
- Mortar and pestle
- Heat resistant container
- Sand or dirt as a buffer the heat that the charcoal emits
- Sage yourself before any type of energetic work.
- Place the copal, sage, and rosemary in the mortar and blend the herbs with the pestle
- Place the incense charcoal in the heat-resistant container and light.
- Sprinkle the herbal mixture over the charcoal, envisioning cleansing and clearing.
- Allow the herbal mixture to cleanse and clear. **FYI - There are certain herbs which are toxic and should never be burned indoors**
Blessings and Light,